Wow! April just flew right on by, didn’t it!?! “They” say that the older you get the faster time goes by and I’m really beginning to understand that! Not that I want to admit that I’m getting older!!! But time sure does seem to move swiftly.
And here we are on the first of May – time to review how we did in April and set our goals for the coming month.
In April, my goals were:
- Set up work days to get the Hospice quilt finished to the flimsy stage. Not quite done – We had one very productive day and got all the units assembled into blocks. But I haven’t been able to schedule a second day to get the blocks into a top.
- Do the long arm quilting on my friend’s cousin’s quilt so that I can send that back to her. – Again, not quite. I’ve got it on the frame and I’ve started the quilting, but I haven’t got it finished.
- Continue cutting scraps into usable strips and squares. – DONE! Every time I look around the studio, I find more things that need to be trimmed and cut, but eventually I hope to get everything caught up and only have scraps from current projects to deal with!
- Make one Tea Leaves circle – I want to make some progress on this quilt since it’s been in the works for a number of years. This month I’m only going for one circle, but I may increase the amount in future months. – DONE! – I finished one circle!
I’m going to call it a 75% completion since I did half of goal #1, half of goal #2 and all of #3 and #4. And, if I add on extra credit for all that I’ve done on the modern experiment, I could say I’ve done 100%
I really love how this is looking!! I want to work on it all the time to get it finished!
For May, I’m going to work on the following:
- Finish MFCQ (my friend’s cousin’s quilt) AND get Hospice quilt to flimsy stage, so that it can go to the Senior Center ladies to do the quilting and binding.
- Finish modern experiment
- Cut scraps into usable strips and squares
- Make one Tea Leaves circle
Be sure to leave a comment and tell me how you’ve done with previous goals and/or what your goals for May will be.