Yesterday was the day for getting started on the Hospice quilt. And what a great start!! We went from this (strips of fabric cut but still needing sub cutting):
To this (All strips that required sub cutting have been cut and the units are sewn together and pressed – I finished pressing at about 7:30 last night. BTW – I randomly measured units to make sure they were coming out to 3 1/2″ square and I didn’t find anything that was egregiously wrong.):
And this (the final four patch units that need to be sewn together and then all the units will be done):
I took time to lay out the units to show one block and one sashing, so that we could all get an idea of how the quilt is going to look:
This is Bonnie’s finished En Provence quilt (which is the pattern we are using.):
Thank you to Barb, Martha, Thelma, MaryHanna and Sue for taking the time to get this project going. Now that all the units are assembled, it will take no time at all to get the blocks and sashing done and we’ll be able to send this off to the quilters. I’ll let everyone know when we can do another day to get it finished.