I am happy to announce that I have finally finished Bedford Beauty!!!
I put the last stitches in the binding this morning. I still have to go over it and trim off loose threads and I need to put a label on the back. But I am calling it “Finished”!! This was started in July at the Bonnie Hunter workshop. I finished it in May so it was a ten month project. Not too bad, if I do say so myself, considering all the other quilts that I worked on AND finished in the same time period.
This means that I can now count the fabric that I used for the borders as officially out of my stash. Yay!!
But I can’t sit back and rest on my laurels – I have four more projects I’d like to work on this month, so I’m heading right back to the grindstone to get them done! I say that like it’s a chore to go play with my fabric – Hey, I have to make it sound like I’m slaving away so that DH doesn’t realize how much fun I’m having!!! If he thought I was having too much fun, he’d probably insist that I do more housework or some other “dumb” thing!!!
Speaking of DH, the other day he brought some heavy equipment into the yard and started digging some holes. Apparently, I need some holes in my yard!
Actually he was doing something very nice. He decided that we should have a little pond in the back yard so he used an auger to drill holes in the spot to loosen up the soil. He says that eventually he will transform this mess into a lovely garden spot. I’ll keep you posted on the progress of his project.
I’m linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop, Whoop Friday. Click HERE